1. The Student Will describe daily patterns of the sun, moon and stars as seen from Earth.
2. TSW develop a model of the patterns in the moon phases
3. TSW use models to describe the apparent motion of the sun and moon.
4. TSW explore how the patterns of the sun-moon-earth system make it possible to predict eclipses.
5. TSW evaluate the relationship between the Earth's position and visible constellations throughout the year.
6. TSW construct an explanation for how the intensity of sunlight affects different seasons.
7. TSW construct a model (3D, digital, etc.) showing how the tilt of the Earth is responsible for seasons, solstices and equinoxes.
Key Terms and Concepts
- Teacher: Alexander Eady